If the destination (To Address) of your transaction is a Contract address and you see a Cancelled status on the Transaction Info page this means that the primary transaction was cancelled.
In a "Cancelled" transaction, your Ether value was not deducted from your sending account. However the Transactions fees (Gas Used x Gas Price) will still be deducted from the sending account (From Address).
When a transaction is cancelled you might see either one of the following "warnings"
Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Out of gas]
Possible reasons for an [Out of Gas] error warning:
- Insufficient amount of gas limit provided
- If you are interacting with a Contract, the minimum amount of gas limit required is > 21,000 (try increasing your gas limit)
- Contract execution exceeds the minimum gas limit required
- Contract execution error occurred, but the VM execution continues until all of the gas limit is exhausted.
Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Bad instruction]
Possible reasons for a [Bad instruction]:
- This indicates a logical error during contract execution.
- if interacting with a Token Contract, its possible that the:
- Tokens are not transferable yet
- if interacting with a TokenSale/ICO Contract, its possible that the:
- ICO has yet to start
- ICO has ended
- ICO has reached its maximum contribution limit
General troubleshooting suggestions:
- The best and safest advice we can give to you is to check, contact or visit the contract/token/ico creator website or helpdesk for additional information when in doubt.
- An [out of gas] error does not necessarily mean that it can be resolved by just increasing your gas limit.
For Transaction failures related to Crypto Exchanges withdrawals and an [Out of Gas] error:
- Please refer to your exchange, as they could be setting a too low default gas limit when withdrawing to a Contract address